Saturday, October 8, 2016

Watercolored Leaflits Framelits


Not a surprise that I would post another watercolor card. These leaves are absolutely beautiful when you see this card with your naked eye. The picture just doesn't do it justice. I will give you the directions step by step.

1. Card base of Rich Razzleberry is 8.5 x 5.5" and scored at 4.25".
2. First layer of Cucumber Crush is 5.25" x 4"
3. Second layer is a Fall retired DSP cut at 5" x 3.75"



I took a couple pieces of watercolor paper and taped them to a back of a Designer Series Paper package or any piece of cardboard so the paper doesn't curl. I taped it down with painters tape. Then I misted both pieces of paper with a spray of water and took my Aqua Painter and grabbed some reinkers in Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry and painted away in no particular pattern.



While the paper is still wet, take some salt and sprinkle it all over the paper. I have used table salt as well but for this particular card, I used Sea Salt. The table salt will give you smaller spots.




I mist it lightly with water again after I put the salt on and shortly you will see it starting to absorb the salt.



After air drying an hour or so you can take your framelits and run them through the Big Shot! The colors are gorgeous.



This is a close up of the leaves and then I took Wink of Stella Gold an dabbed it over the top of the leaves. They turned out so beautiful! I hope you take the time to try this.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment