Happy Thanksgiving One and All. I hope you are enjoying this day with your loved ones. Here's a few little fun facts about Thanksgiving:
- Female turkeys (called hens) don’t gobble. Only male turkeys gobble.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- Each year since 1947, the president of the U.S. pardons a turkey and spares it from being eaten for Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 200 years after the first Thanksgiving.
- The heaviest turkey on record weighs 86 pounds.