Sunday, March 25, 2018

Lanee's 13th Birthday


My granddaughter, Lanee, turns 13 this Saturday so I wanted to make her a special card for turning 13 years old. How can she be a teenager already? I cased this from Esther Howard and changed it up just a bit. Here are the details:
  • Base is Melon Mambo cut at 8.5" x 5.5" and scored at 4 1/4"
  • Thick whisper white cardstock is cut at 5 3/8"x 4 1/8"
  • I used Basic Black Archival ink and randomly stamped the white card stock with Touches of Texture and Gorgeous Grunge. Then I used those same stamps and inked up with Versa Mark and used silver embossing powder to get the shiny effect. I stamped the shoes, headphone and guitar in Black Archival, let dry and then used some of my older Stampin Blends to color in the pieces. You can also use your Aqua painter and stamp pads as well. I fussy cut these pieces out with the paper snips. I sponged  the 13 and the label die with Black Archival. 
  • I used glue and sprinkled some glitter on the toes of the shoes and the circles of the headphone. The Awesome words are stamped in Versamark. Sprinkle silver embossing on top and heat set. I also took one of the Gorgeous Grunge stamps, inked in Versamark and stamped on the 13, followed by silver embossing powder and heat set. I mounted everything with dimensionals. For the shoe laces I punched small holes where the eyelets would go and ran some white twine through the holes.
I had fun decorating Lanee's gift bag as well. I wrapped up a lot of small gifts and put them in a bucket and tied it all together with clear wrap and string. I know she is going to love this.







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment