Sunday, August 27, 2017

I've Been Missing

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I've been missing posting for quite a while. I've had a couple rounds of company and of course the Iowa State Fair. My nephew, Justin, was visiting from California before he headed to Ames, Iowa to attend Iowa State University this fall. So when he arrived we attended the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines for an entire day with my son and his family. Below is Justin, trying the fried Macaroni and Cheese....it was super good. We all had a bite and sampled so many different types of food.



Then it was off to ride the Big Slide, view the butter cow, the biggest bull and boar, the pumpkins, eat more food, and watch them hitch up the Clydesdales. We spent over 10 hours there that day.




Then I went again when my sister, Peg, who is my upline, and her daughter, Kami, came to visit. The weather was perfect and again we sampled lots of food. While Peg was here, we finished a lot of our projects for our Rushmore Stampin Up event which will be in Rapid City, South Dakota in October. We were crazy enough to spend a couple nights working past 2 AM. We sure had a lot of fun and MUCH laughter.



Now that I've explained why I haven't posted lately, here is my latest card. It's using the brand new Painted Harvest stamp set. I cased it from Rambling Rose Studio and then added my own twist. Here are the details:
Base is 5.5" x 8.5 "
Watercolor piece is 4 3/4" x 3 5/8"
I water colored with Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo and let it dry overnight. Then I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black archival. The flowers are stamped in Daffodil Delight and over stamped in Crushed Curry. I followed up with the second flower stamp in Pumpkin Pie dipped in around the edges with Cajun Craze. The center is stamped in Soft Suede and then I took my black marker and just put little dots in the center. The leaves are then stamped in Old Olive. I mounted it on the Olive green card stock with foam adhesive strips.
This makes a lovely fall card that looks like it's ready to frame. 








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment